Wednesday, February 17, 2010

RIP Alexander McQueen: Designer, Dog Lover, and Hooligan

February 11, 2010--the East Coast was burried beneath a blizzard, NY Fashion Week was getting ready to kickoff, and London lost their "L'enfant Terrible." When I first read the news, I honestly thought it was a hoax. Alexander McQueen was a truly innovative designer, and one of my all time favorites. Last week as tribute after tribute popped up on my Twitter feed, there were some wonderful stories about McQueen, that I wish I had read under lighter circumstances. I certainly am not qualified to write a fitting tribute, so below I've posted the ones that do justice. The story from the Wall Street Journal, is probably my favorite and possibly the saddest. I think it's safe to say that London Fashion Week will certainly not be the same this year.

"There is no way back for me now.
I am going to take you on journeys
you've never dreamed were possible."
Lee Alexander McQueen 1969-2010


Wall Street Journal


UK Daily Mail


NY Mag, The Cut


NY Times

No comments: