Friday, November 2, 2007

Saleless Season is Ending!

Summer sales have ended and it's still a few more weeks 'til the Black Friday sales and an eternity 'til post-Christmas sales; what ever is a girl to do?! Obviously, the sensible thing would be to lay low and save money for the big sales, but it's really not feasible to expect a girl to go a month or more without a snazzy new purchase.

It's probably noticeable from my postings that I've been taking this off-season time to scout out consignment and vintage stores. While I love that, I'm also dying to dig through the sale racks in an attempt to find that Milly dress from last season that knocks off about 10lbs (and only pay a small portion of the original price, of course).

Last weekend, the roomie and I spent an unmentionable amount of time at Tysons I and II finding the final touches for our Halloween ensembles. Sadly, I do not have a lot to report in the bargain department, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

There is a good several week period when absolutely NOTHING is on sale. I am thrilled to announce that we have move passed that and are moving full steam ahead into Sale Season!

Neimans had a couple of racks (mostly odd pieces that aren't going anywhere fast), Saks also had a couple racks (some o.k. things), but most were only 30-40% off.

Obviously I'm saving the best news for last! Cusp (that lovely little contemporary branch of NM) is having a big sale TODAY through November 10. They're advertising 40-65% original prices!!! I do not not think my closet, nor my bank account are quite prepared for the consequences...

So, enough of that 10% off garbage. Prices over half off; now, that's what I call a real sale!